Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Talk About Epiphanies

It seems like when times are rough you seem to get flooded with the answers you deeply seek.  Interesting isn't it?  I think it's the combination of the extra effort that is required to get through the harder task and the humbled mind that is willing to take answers that makes it feel that way but in any case it's amazing what you see.  First of all, in what I thought was a horrible weekend I learned a few things. 

1.)  You're friends are usually right but even when they know they are they still respect your dumb decision not to listen to them.  Maybe being a true friend is the best preparation for having idiotic children.  But in any case my friends saw that I was getting myself back into a bad relationship everyone said so but lovingly said, "But we'll respect your decision."  And then when it fell apart did they say "I told you so."? Of course they did...but lovingly.  I have learned that you may have all the insight of Ghandi but when you're looking at your situation from the first person view sometimes the third person view gives the proper perspective.  So kudos to my friends.  You taught me something.

2.)  Leaving my family is hard.  Man I love my dysfunctional family.  Yet even though we're not perfect I'll miss all the stupidity that is us.  I got good parents.  I got good brothers and sister.  I got good aunts and uncles and cousins.  My family is definitely legit. 

3.)  Props to my Bishop for giving me the way I'm going to stay focused on God during the summer.  Reading the Book of Mormon in 60 days?  Genius.  You'll be getting a thank you letter from me in August most likely telling you how this has helped me throughout my summer.

4.)  Binky, my new director, already sounds legit and awesome.  Period. The End.  You heard me.  I'll most likely be making jokes all summer long for her.  Binky probably could speak fluid French in Russian. 

5.)  I hadn't been done in the dumps in a long long time like this last weekend.  And looking back on it I feel awful for being like that.  It isn't me.  I don't know how people can spend weeks upon weeks being down on themselves.  It's so much work being bitter.  lol  Plus you don't get to laugh much.  Really lame.  Plus when I'm not smiling chicks don't get to scope out my hot dimples.  That's right ladies....dimples....two of them....*wink, wink*

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, you love us. You miss us. Wait, you think we're dysfunctional??? Love and miss you anyway. . .

    ReplyDelete